06 February 2017

Book Review: "Defector" by Susanne Winnacker

Read my review for the prequel here!


Defector (Variants, #2)Defector by Susanne Winnacker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would have given this book 5 stars, if not for the ending. This book, although a tiny bit predictable, was almost perfect. The story was interesting right from the start, a relatively good mix of romance, adventure, action, new details and variants in action. The reunion near the end was well written, it made me tear up! I loved every second of reading it, until the end. It was written like a film scene, too short for an ending in a book. *slight spoiler ahead* Considering how strong our lead was, I would have expected the author to give her a different ending, instead of taking away everything that made her what she is. So disappointing. Now that the author recently decided not to publish the 3rd book in the series, seems like this book is final. Read at your own discretion because you are likely to feel unsatisfied at the loose ends. (The relationships between Tessa and everyone at FEA and her mother, and the story of Abel's Army.)

View all my reviews

Buy the book here!

Full Affiliate Disclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment